:: MATE-Agadir Forum ::
Welcome to "MATE-Agadir Forum"...Join us and support the Moroccan ELT community...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to "MATE-Agadir Forum"...Join us and support the Moroccan ELT community...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

UpComing ELT Events

MATE 30th Annual Conference
28-31 March, 2009 - Tetouan
Latest topics
» glad to join mate forum
A Call to ADMIN EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 3:16 pm by aziz4u

» Amazing English!
A Call to ADMIN EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:04 am by aziz4u

» There's time to LAUGH, too!
A Call to ADMIN EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:03 pm by aziz4u

» Taroudant TEFL in-service training workshops
A Call to ADMIN EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:48 pm by aziz4u

» Urgent - MATE 6th ICT4ELT Conference Announcement 2010
A Call to ADMIN EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:39 pm by Admin

» Play and report.
A Call to ADMIN EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:23 am by aziz4u

Yell Box
Poll

Are you satisfied with MATE events of last Season?

A Call to ADMIN I_vote_lcap47%A Call to ADMIN I_vote_rcap 47% [ 7 ]
A Call to ADMIN I_vote_lcap33%A Call to ADMIN I_vote_rcap 33% [ 5 ]
A Call to ADMIN I_vote_lcap13%A Call to ADMIN I_vote_rcap 13% [ 2 ]
A Call to ADMIN I_vote_lcap7%A Call to ADMIN I_vote_rcap 7% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 15

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 272 registered users
The newest registered user is Brahim

Our users have posted a total of 788 messages in 222 subjects
Macmillan Webinars. Registernow forfree.
Visitors Around the Worl
A Call to ADMIN Labels=0
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of :: MATE-Agadir Forum :: on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

A Call to ADMIN

2 posters

Go down

A Call to ADMIN Empty A Call to ADMIN

Post by aziz4u Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:00 am

TESTS ITEM BANK 08 re-uploaded in another permanent filie hosting site.
Pswd:aziz4u
Because it is zipped for the sake of quick downloading and encrypted so as to be used just by our members.

1- By the way, it would be better if Admin accepts to hide this part of the forum, except for members.

2- To enhance real exchange of personal preparations in order to be discussed, corrected and improved; Admin may set a special hidden zone for teachers who really want to give more than take. The access to this zone can be regulated by giving some personal work every month to keep one's membership there.
3- I can endorse this responsibility and regulate it if I have given access to Administration Tools as an Admin. It is by no means a favour as far as it will be a burden. If it is feasible, Admin may open a vote this idea, and my nomination as well, so as to know how many teachers will accept to take part in sharing their works.

aziz4u
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Male Number of posts : 194
Profession : EFL teacher
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Back to top Go down

A Call to ADMIN Empty Re: A Call to ADMIN

Post by Admin Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:53 am

Dear Mr Aziz4u,
Thank you for your nice comment. I appreciate your words which give us a psychlogical push to continue this working on this heavy burden as you describe it. And it is really so.

since the launching of the forum
it has an objective to connect Moroccan EFL community in the first level. Up to now we have about 97 registered members from different parts of morocco and from foreign countries as well. However, not all of them are participating, or opening discussion, or even willing to share something they see gonna better our practice. On this token I do have to thank warmly one of the active members of the forum; Mr. Bakkas
to whome I am grateful. I seize to opportunity to call Lurkers to participate in the "MATE-Agadir Forum" to let us believe that the forum is stepping forward to achieve its objectives.

I
will go now through out your points one after one to explain them with your permission of course. And i hope you will have a great heart to understand me:

1. Most of the "MATE-Agadir
Forum" sections are not open for everybody to browse them. Membership is requiered. we cant let visitors to benifit from others' works without giving something back in recognition. and we are thinking for new methods of browsing limitations in the near future.
As far as the forum is still hosted by a forumhosting Stie and we dont have a personalised domain name, we would only have the posibility to host our files in filehosting sites. I am using the zshare because its index allows everybody to hadle it well.

3. I
dont want as an ADMIN on this stage to be bossy and impose on members things that they will not like and push them to not cooperate to the
success of the forum. However, we want them to take the Intiative as you are doing since you are member. and I hope you will continue helping us in this voluntary work.

4. I
appreaciate your suggestion to lower the burden on us. I really find it sometimes difficult to handle the forum regularly by myself due to many things I am working on at the same time. nothing can hinder you Mr Aziz along with other colleagues to be a MODERATOR of one or more of the Sub-forums. However there is a RANKING as you can see in you profile which allows you to be or not be yet a forum Moderater. your ranking is still a New Member. if you reach 50 posts (Active Member) you have the possibility to request to be a moderator. other rankings are as follows:
Bronze Member: 150 Posts.
Silver Member: 200 Posts.
Gold Member: 500 Posts.

Finally.
I would Like to thank you again for your commitment. And please for any Suggestions, Comments, Criticism, Advices...anythig you see can better
your forum, as it is in fact your Forum. Please do not hesitate to write to us in the FeedBack and Suggestions.
With My Deep Respect
ADMIN

Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://mateagadir.forumactif.info

Back to top Go down

Post by aziz4u Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:39 am

I, myself, am an Admin of an educational Moroccan forum (no need to say which for the sake of not showing off) and I reached that rank from hard benevolent work.
Thus, I know how to use Administration parameters very well. Therefore, I can set a zone which can be accessed only by who want to share their personal tests, lesson plans, ... And in this way, they can use others' as a reward; that's sharing!
The aim is to promote teacher-to-teacher exchange; a fact that will help any of us improve one's way of teaching and testing; better than working alone and knowing nothing about new technologies and ways.
Passive forum readers and "leechers" have killed teaching creativity. They register, download others' properties and go away. In my opinion, it is better to have ten real friends who help actively each other than 98 members who most of them come to have a look on what's new from time to time.
I am not criticising those who haven't yet improved their computing and web abilities. But by promoting sharing, we can help them to practise new web abilities if they are urged to access an invisible usergroup and are obliged to ask about what they want to know: how to photograph a test with a mobile phone or word it, then how to zip it and host it, how to include an image in one's answer here, ...

By the way, I knew Mr Bakkas for long (though he has no idea who I am) from his students and internet work and participation. Some of his are following high studies and still remember him as a good teacher. lol
PS: Don't try, Mr Bakkas, to know who I am since I promised to remain virtual as far as I use the internet. A promise is a promise!

aziz4u
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by aziz4u Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:55 pm

No answer is an answer, too.

By the way, I didn't ask for moderation. And I won't.

aziz4u
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:29 pm

aziz4u wrote:No answer is an answer, too.

By the way, I didn't ask for moderation. And I won't.

Dear Mr Aziz,
Please dont take it the way you did. Not answering you does not mean the way you got it. Webmastering a website or a forum is not an easy job even if it is a free hosted forum. and I bet you already know that as you are familiar with the way forums are managed. i cant by any means monopolise the forum for myself just because I am the ADMINISTRATOR. This forum is not mine it is for everybody who is concerned with ELT issues. I have other duties to look after so sooner or later I have to choose MODERATORS to help in doing my job in very appropriate way as every forum.
Dear Mr Aziz, Please I am proceeding in the next few days in choosing Some of the Moderators. Try to let the door open why are you closing it on my face Very Happy Very Happy .
it is an honour to have you as a colleague along with Mr Bakkas and others. So please try to pardon me if I miss replying to some of your topics.
Yours
ADMIN

Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://mateagadir.forumactif.info

Back to top Go down

Post by aziz4u Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:21 pm

Really, I've never thought of being so.
I was just suggesting to create an invisible group in an invisible section for really active members who really want to share their knowledge with each other. My suggestion to get access to administration is in case you've got no idea about I'm talking about. But, from your answers, it seems that you have acquired enough abilities to do it by yourself.
In addition to this, my suggestion is linked to the number of members who may join that special group. If the number is not satisfying, then forget about it.

aziz4u
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down